|Move the mouse over the items to view the list
SPAN delivers Java/JEE applications for its customers by innovating technical solutions which cater to the needs of the business. SPAN’s typical application development cycle includes elaboration, architecture, design, construction, deployment and transition. SPAN helps clients choose the right life cycle methodology based on the application and team dynamics. SPAN has delivered using iterative, spiral, Agile Scrum, Agile XP and Agile FDD successfully to meet client requirements. SPAN’s large team of highly skilled SPAN/SCJP Java/JEE developers have successfully developed and deployed mission critical applications for more than 100 customers.
JAVA Application development & Maintenance
SPAN has architected, designed and implemented enterprise solutions, which are mission critical, scalable, open, reliable and highly available systems. As a practice:
- SPAN uses Industry standard and proven application development frameworks to achieve higher degree of separation between presentation and business layers and improve re-usability.
- Robust authentication and authorization using PKI over SSL and RBAC based on ACL.
- The use of Object Oriented Design Methodologies and Design Patterns (J2EE, GOF) have resulted in highly maintainable and extensible applications.
- SPAN offers optimal solution based on the business scenario by building business tiers with appropriate Frameworks which are built on JEE specifications.
- SPAN also has extensive experience in using Object-Relational mapping (ORM) tools like JDO, JPA, Hibernate, iBatis, EJB Entity bean and TopLink to build the persistence layer.
SPAN Application Development Services include the development of:
- New applications
- New features addition
- Enhancements existing application
- Building interfaces to existing application
- Building plug-in to existing application
Modernizing Legacy Applications
SPAN has worked for its clients to migrate their mission critical applications running on legacy platforms like Mainframe, AS/400 and client server environments to Java technology. SPAN has a proven methodology and best practices/tools for moving legacy applications onto Java/JEE platform. We add value by providing various alternative technical solutions, re-usage of core business rules by building interfaces using Java/JEE technologies and third party tools.
SPAN helps clients to retain core business layer and re-engineers UI layer to provide browser based access to end users. SPAN has successfully modernized legacy systems and native applications by web-enabling the application UI. The approach will depend on the specific application and business need. However, these approaches to web-enabling of existing applications have common objectives to achieve. This includes retaining the existing functionality, business rules and leveraging the advantages of using new internet technologies.
SPAN has the following advantages:
- SPAN has dedicated team to work on legacy systems who have knowledge on various domains and specific technologies like Mainframe, AS/400, LANSA, Power Builder, Cold fusion.
- SPAN has expertise in modernizing legacy technologies and web enabling using Java/J2EE
- Accurate estimation based on historical data and experience
Enterprise & SOA Solutions
SPAN's research wing caught on the SOA wave early on while various supporting standards (like BPMN, SOAP and WS), methodologies and processes were still evolving. SPAN's profound experience in architecting and designing enterprise solutions, integrating applications across disparate platforms & technologies helped to assess the benefits and promises of SOA and embrace its principles easily. SPAN had been tracking the developments of major SOA suites like IBM Process Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Aqua Logic and Sun's JCAPS and developed process oriented solutions using them. SPAN has applied SOA principles around custom workflow engine and rule engines to reap benefits of composition in pure Java based service implementations as well.
Enterprise Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture helps to achieve customers a single window application and minimize the application maintenance.
Services Orientated Architecture (SOA) provides a fundamental framework for business to become more agile and flexible, secure and standardized with the industry.
SPAN has good experience in helping customers to enable their applications on unified Java/JEE platforms using SOA suites like Oracle Fusion Middleware OFM, JCAPS, OpenESB.
SPAN has good experience on OpenSource based SOA Framework on J2EE platform, leveraging on open source Sun Metro WS stack and OPEN ESB. Intent of SOA Framework is to build a generic platform where existing application/information can be exposed as web services. SPAN extensively worked on Oracle Fusion Middleware which is a part of Oracle SOA suite, Mule ESB which is an open source ESB stack and Sun's JCAPS. SPAN has implemented SOA solution using Mule ESB to integrate various legacy, portal and ERP systems.
SPAN has developed SOA methodology to ensure successful SOA implementation. The methodology defines procedures & guidelines for every stage/aspect in the SOA life cycle like maturity assessment, roadmap & reference architecture creation, governance, process modeling, implementation and testing.
SPAN has experience in building interfaces to integrate with existing solutions.
- SAP using Java connector (JCO)
- AS/400 using IBM adapters
- Lotus Notes application using custom built Plug-ins and APIs
- Outlook exchange server using web services and COM Java bridge, JIntegra
J2EE Server, application tunings and application server administrations
SPAN has done Performance Tuning and Analysis for various Java applications. SPAN has helped customers to tune their application for optimal performance by identifying issues (code, design, memory leaks) and fixing them. SPAN has extensive knowledge in using profiling tools (JProbe, NetBeans, EclipseTPTP, CodePro and visual-VM) and many tools to do static analysis of the code for performance and design issues. SPAN has worked in tuning of Java O/R mapping tools, database and query tuning, implementing best cache mechanism for better throughput and response time.
SPAN has done capacity planning for various Java/JEE applications before they are deployed to production environment. Capacity Planning is based on performance requirement, data growth projections, required and anticipated concurrent users and best utilization of resources for optimal performance. SPAN has experience in deploying application on different hardware architecture like RAID 1 to 5 as well as SAN based applications running on various O/S like Linux flavors (RedHat, Suse, Debian, CentOS, HP, IBM, Dell), Solaris and Windows.
SPAN’s approach for application tuning.
- Study application and deployment environments
- Studying existing architecture and rationale behind architectural decisions to recommend the contextually best approach and architecture
- Study database deployment environments
- Studying existing code base and conduct code review, profiling and review specific algorithms
- Study end users’ operating environments to maximize resource utilization and processes
J2EE Application operations
SPAN has good experience in managing Java/JEE applications. It's operations are in line with ITSM processes. This includes application monitoring, analyzing logs, L1-L3 supports through ticketing system using various tools. SPAN also has experience managing Java/JEE application which includes
- Service management Process
- Incident management
- Problem Management Process
- Change Management Process
Tools used are:
- Service Center
- Project Wiki (JSP Wiki)